Concerns of Police Survivors, Inc. (C.O.P.S.) and the Bureau of Justice Assistance, U.S. Department of Justice will present a one-day training for public safety officers, first responders and other agency representatives. The Public Safety Officers’ Benefits Program (PSOB), death benefits for public safety officers, and the programs available to law enforcement survivors through C.O.P.S. when a line-of-duty death occurs will be presented.
When a public safety officer is killed in the line of duty, it is the responsibility of the employing agency to file a death benefit claim with the Federal PSOB at the U.S. Department of Justice. If approved as a line-of-duty death by PSOB, a tax-exempt, one-time Federal death benefit payment is made to “eligible survivors”. The PSOB presentation will explain the paperwork needed to file a claim, definitions for terms in the eligibility criteria and the process used to review claims.
There is no registration fee for this training. Your only cost will be travel, meals, and overnight accommodations.
Please see the below link for the COPS/PSOB Training that will be hosted by Philadelphia FOP Lodge #5 on Thursday March 24, 2016 from 8 AM to 5 PM and includes lunch. Pre-registration for this training is mandatory.
The Red Rose Lodge #16 Fraternal Order of Police offers a scholarship to students who have a parent, grandparent or legal guardian as an active member of the Lodge. Eligibility is listed below. Click the link for the application.
Deadline is April 1st, 2016
1. The applicant must be a citizen of the United States and must maintain a permanent residence in Lancaster County or any adjoining County.
2. The applicant must be a high school senior planning to attend a post secondary institution of higher learning with a minimum of a minor concentration of study in the Law Enforcement field.
3. The applicant must have a father, mother, grandparent or legal guardian who is an active member or active retired member of the Red Rose Lodge # 16 Fraternal Order of Police. The member shall maintain a membership status in good standing throughout the entire process and award distribution period.
4. The applicant’s High School Grade Point Average (GPA) must be a minimum of 3.0 or its equivalent during the last two years in High School.
5. All Eligibility requirements must be satisfied for scholarship distribution.
Electronic submission of the complete application including all supporting documents will also be accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brother Chris McKim
Chair, Scholarship Committee
The State Fraternal Order of Police proudly endorsed the following candidates for the Pennsylvania Judicial Races to be held November 3 2015
Kevin M. Dougherty
David N. Wecht
Michael A. George
Michael H. Wojcik
See President Chuck Canturbury’s letters to the NFL and the NFL Players Association after the St. Louis Rams gesture “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot.”